so our adventure begins...
2 am in Cambridge a cab picked us up and we left for the airport.
S and I arrived in Guatemala on December 31, 2009 at 12:30 pm.
We first learned that the national beer of Guatemala is Gallo and then we had some.

after finishing almuerzo we explored Antigua. Antigua is an old Spanish colonial city and the architecture serves as a testament to the history of the Spaniards control.
Below is Convento de la Compania de Jesus built in the late 16th century as a church, a convent, and a school. As with the other ruins you will see on the blog from Antigua, this one was finally destroyed by the great earthquake of 1773.
This particular ruin is unique in that faint coloring can still be detected on the fresco work.
this first day i was pretty shy with my camera. i was also on excitement overload - this being my first adventure out of the country and all.
we rested a bit before the new year celebration. I will post photos from that tomorrow. It is a celebration that deserves detailed descriptions...
I love the red brick, and raw concrete repair or the doorway. It seems like there is a good story behind that, that I might should already know.
ReplyDelete